The hubs and I are both on the road for work and for fun…a lot. In fact, it’s almost a given that one of us is gone at least a couple days each week. That means, lot’s of weeknights flying solo at home. While Bocephus is amazing company, it can get a little lonely if you don’t have a game plan in advance. Here are my 5 weekend activities for one:
- Call Your Girlfriends! This is a no-brainer, right? I make sure to have a least one weeknight date planned with my buddies. It is so nice to have something to look forward to and it’s a great way to keep track of what everyone is up to – without having to rely on Instragram.
- Grab a book and a bottle of wine. I try not to turn on the TV when I’m by myself. Without the healthy judgement of another human my obsession with shows like Teen Mom 2 and Naked and Afraid can get a little out of control. Instead, I love to grab a CAN of wine (Presto Sparkling Cuvee) and a book. Why a can you say? I don’t want to open a bottle of bubbles just for me (on a school night, at least) so these cans from Whole Foods are PERFECTION. Highly recommend.
- Make Kraft Mac & Cheese. When left to my own devices I tend to eat like a three year old. Sorry not sorry. When I’m flying solo I give in to my food cravings and make PB&J or Kraft Mac & Cheese. It feels super indulgent, and awesome, and I don’t feel bad about it whatsoever. Also, I never have milk so I make make my yellow noodles with double butter. Yolo.
- Call Your Mom and Dad. I love checking in with my parents during the week. My family always makes the joke of asking each other what we are having for dinner – and then inviting the person group. Wouldn’t be weird except we live 10 hours away from each other. Always makes me feel better to share an inside joke with the ‘rents.
- Work on Your Fitness. Although Bocephus misses his dad when he is away, he is almost guaranteed a really, really long walk around the neighborhood when it’s just the two of us. I grab my sneakers, turn on a podcast, and cruise around for hours. Bliss.
What do you do when you’re solo on a school night?