Spring is HERE in Atlanta! No one does spring like Georgia. 70 degree days, chilly nights, being attacked by pollen. It’s my favorite season in the South. Spring also brings my favorite spring date night activity – front porch sittin and sippin. Just thinking about it give me butterflies (no seriously, I love it THAT much).
The hubs and I love to grab a cocktail, fire up a spottily playlist and just sit on the porch and chat. I take the swing, he takes the rocking chair, Bocephus Dixie takes the floor (and the guard duties) and we are set for the night. Eventually, when our drinks get low, we pop inside and bring out cheese and crackers – but that’s about it. Hours of enjoyment. We’ve had some of our very, very best conversations on this porch. We’ve planned (and replanned) our lives out there every spring.
This spring I’m going to bring out this list of five quick questions in case we run out of things to talk about – which has never happened – but I have something like 80 more springs-worth of porch sitting with this wonderful man, so I don’t want to take any chances.
- If you had to be trapped inside one giant food, and the only way to escape was to eat your way out of it, which food would you choose?
- What’s your secret talent?
- If you were by yourself and could do anything you wanted for one day, what would you do?
- Who has been kindest to you?
- If you could hold on to just one memory for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What are the best questions you’ve asked your partner? Let’s add to the list!