In the summer we start craving buffalo. Buffalo wings, buffalo sauce, buffalo heads in our decorating (ha! kidding…but that might actually be cool.) However, a blogger cannot survive on buffalo chicken alone, so we have a great twist on an old favorite: quick and easy buffalo ranch cauliflower bites
This dish only takes about 15 minutes to make (with baking time it’s closer to 45 minutes, but you can get through the majority of an episode of Orange is the New Black or catch up on this week’s Peachtree Roadies posts while it cooks.
Prep itself is also pretty simple. Grab a mixing bowl, combine all of the tasty batter ingredients (listed below) and whisk your heart out. Toss the cauliflower with the batter, thoroughly coating every nook and cranny. YUM! Line the cauliflower bites on a baking rack, bake for 20 minutes and watch those babies start to brown.
Halfway through the cooking process melt the butter, buffalo sauce and honey together. Once the florets are just the way you like them, smother those bad boys with reckless abandon. Put them back in the oven and give them 7-12 more minutes. You’re done with the tough stuff! Congrats! Trophy emoji.
Here’s where the quick and easy part comes in – tasty store bought ranch. No, REALLY! We are a high fan of the from scratch route, but when often times there isn’t well…time. Plus, we have a go-to ranch that we swear by – the Naturally Fresh® Brand Classic Ranch.
Many foods on store shelves today contain artificial flavors and colors that change the way the food tastes and looks, as well as preservatives that extend their shelf life. Naturally Fresh® refrigerated dressings are different. The company creates products that taste great by using high-quality ingredients, and leaving out artificial preservatives and artificial colors or flavors. That’s why you’ll only find Naturally Fresh® Brand products in the refrigerated section.
Simply open, pour and get to dippin’ those tasty florets! Double points for double dipping – because we’ve always been on the wrong side of the law of condiments! #rebels
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces (we opt for larger pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bottle of buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place an oven rack on top of the foil and spray with cooking spray. It’s important that you REALLY coat this to avoid sticking.
- Prepare the batter for the cauliflower by combining 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup milk, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, & 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper. Whisk until smooth and thickened. Toss the cauliflower with the batter, being sure to coat the cauliflower thoroughly. Remember that these need a little TLC so they don’t break apart all over the place.
- Place the coated cauliflower onto the rack. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to brown.
- In the meantime, melt 3 tablespoons butter and mix with 1 (5 ounce) bottle of buffalo sauce and 1 tablespoon honey. Whisk to combine. When the cauliflower is brown and fully cooked through, remove it from the oven and toss with the buffalo sauce.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes
- Dip, dip dip in Naturally Fresh’s® Brand Classic Ranch: Made with Naturally Fresh’s® own buttermilk. YUM!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 30 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Our favorite ranch dressing can be found here. Their products can be found in the refrigerated section (typically in the produce area).
Thanks to the Naturally Fresh® Brand for sponsoring this post. Our taste buds and our opinions are our own, but we were compensated for this post.