I love carbs. Love them. Refuse to limit them. My love handles write checks my body can’t cash without buying larger pants, but c’est la vie. Everyone knows pasta is the Beyonce of carbs, and I’m going to give you another reason to love this
food group…it’s the perfect vessel for leafy greens.
Yes, my friends. You heard it here first. From now on I will be warding off scurvy while eating my weight in comfort food. BEHOLD – the easy, healthy 5 ingredient pasta. Here’s what you need:
- Ingredient 1: 16 ounces: Coarsely chopped arugula, baby green mustard, baby red mustard, cress, baby spinach, baby green bok choy, baby green chard, baby red chard, baby red bok choy, mizuna, komatsuna.
Feeling duped? DON’T. Simply head to your grocery store and pick up OrganicGirl PEPPERGREENS. This mix has all of these leafy lovelies in the same (100% recycled plastic clamshell) package. The earth wins, you win, WE ALL WIN.
- Ingredient 2: Pasta. I prefer linguini, but you do you!
- Ingredient 3: 1 cup cherry tomatoes – slow roasted, then coarsely chopped
- Ingredient 4: 1/2 cup Pecorino – freshly shredded
- Ingredient 5: 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Optional adds: 3 tablespoons, oragnicgirl fresh tomato italian salad dressing, 8 ounces pancetta – cut into 1/2″ pieces
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt generously.
2. WHILE the water is heating (don’t make the process longer than it needs to be!), heat the olive oil in a saute pan placed over medium/low heat. Add tomatoes and olive oil and cook. Stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes OR until they are heated through. Turn off heat, cover and keep sauce warm.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and don’t forget to keep stirring to separate the noodles. Cook according to package directions until al dente.
4. Transfer pasta to frying pan and gently toss (or stir if you’re super messy like me) the pasta and sauce to combine. Add the OrganicGirl PEPPERGREENS by the handful and continue to toss for a minute or two until the greens are slightly wilted.
5. Transfer the dressed pasta to a beautiful bowl, take a picture for instagram, sprinkle with pecorino cheese and get to eating!
Thanks to oragnicgirl for sending us the delicious greens and salad dressing featured in the recipe! We are HUGE fans of this brand and always recommend their greens to our friends!