This easy slow cooker apple butter is my new favorite recipe this season. It’s incredibly simple and unbelievably good.
Perhaps my favorite part of the recipe is there is no butter in it at all! Genious! To make it, all you have to do is stick some apples in a crock pot with brown sugar, white sugar, a couple delicious spices and let it sit there all day, making your house smell like the pinnacle of fall. Stir occasionally, and BOOM! Easy slow cooker apple butter.
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped (honeycrisp, gala, ambrosia)
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Peel, core and chop all of the apples. Do not cut your finger. Trust me. The pieces should be small, but don’t worry too much about the exact size.
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. Add the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Mix, mix, mix, mix – which is super fun because then the house starts to smell DIVINE!
- Have a sip of wine.
- Cover, set your cooker to low for 10 hours, stirring a couple times and wait for the magic to happen
- After 10 hours puree with a blender until smooth.
- Cook on high uncovered for about 2 hours, give it a stir or two, and wait until it thickens.
- Spoon into jars or containers, cover and refrigerate.