We all want to fend of holiday weight gain during the holidays, but avoiding the punch table and iced snowman cookies can seem, well, unavoidable. I’m here to help! Well, actually I wouldn’t be much help, which is why I asked my health and wellness icons, the lovely ladies (and gentleman) at DEFINE: Atlanta, for their help in staying healthy for the holidays.
Below are their top tips for staying healthy, merry and bright this season.
- Jessica Smithgall (owner, DEFINE: Atlanta): Stay balanced. Listen to your body and be mindful of what it needs more and less of. Do not overindulge because its the holidays. Celebrate in moderation, stay hydrated, rest up, exercise, and spend quality time with those who you love.
- Emily Griffin (body, mind rev instructor): Stay hydrated and rested to keep your body and mind energized so stress levels can stay low. Set aside time for relaxation as well as time to be active so everyday feels balanced. Enjoy the little indulgences along the way while nourishing yourself from the inside out with healthy choices!
- Cara Miller (body, mind rev instructor): 1. Stay on track with your exercise regimen. Regular, short, quality exercise sessions create lasting change. Health and fitness is a lifestyle and a daily practice. 2. Everything in MODERATION! Everyone enjoys having their favorite sweets, food, and/or drinks, however try not to over indulge and if you do, it’s ok! 3. Listen to your body. If you are tired, rest, relax and eat healthily to recharge and rejuvenate. 4. BALANCE your holiday season with these fit tips above, and remember to enjoy quality time with your friends and families, as well as creating new, lasting memories with the ones you love.
- Alice Fair (body, mind, rev instructor): Make reasonable new year goals that will last beyond the month of January, and see if one can be a healthy lifestyle change! Don’t forget to stay hydrated for your body, mind, skin and wellbeing throughout the holidays!
- Nick Gaba (instructor, DEFINE revolution): Stay active and stick to your goals; don’t wait until January 1, 2016 to remind yourself of your goals and how far you’ve come.
My best tip? Sign up for Turnip Your Holidays with Jeremy Miller! This Thursday, join Chef Jeremy Miller for a cooking demonstration and tasting of innovative healthy dishes that you can incorporate into your own menus this holiday season. Learn how to cook with a focus on the preparation and enjoyment of sustainable, seasonal food.Whether you’re hosting a party or bringing a side dish, you will leave this workshop equipped with creative new ways, both savory and sweet, along with your grocery list, to prepare holiday fare with the best ingredients that autumn has to offer.
1833 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
DEFINE: Atlanta is conveniently located on Peachtree Road (between Collier Road and Palisades Road) just north of the I-75/I-85/Buford Highway interchange. There is a FREE PARKING LOT located in rear on Palisades Road. Turn onto Palisades Road. Take your first left into the parking lot. Entrance to the studio is located just up the staircase to the left.
DEFINE body & mind’s mission is to educate people on how to become their absolute best. They believe that physical strength, length and balance impact both states of mind and being. They create an atmosphere that inspires results, fosters community and gives back to others in order to achieve sustainable health and happiness.