Recently the hubs and I had a chance to getaway and spend a weekend in the Bahamas. We’re still talking about what an amazing time we had…
We heard from a bunch of friends who have been to the Bahamas that the best address is The Cove at Atlantis. Modern open-air surroundings, oceanfront suites, and an air of privacy (read: a lot less kiddos) means we removed from the thickest crowds while still being in the middle of the action. Our suite has AMAZING views, with a spacious balcony and a huge bathroom to wash off the saltwater.
We are water and beach people. In fact, the reason we picked the Bahamas was because of how amazing the water is – and The Atlantis did not disappoint. The water was INSANE. Crystal clear, a perfect temperature and a million fish living the dream (and nibbling on our toes) right alongside us. The beach was also incredible. Perfect soft white sand. Pure bliss. We took a bit of a gamble because we went at the start of hurricane season (so yea, a big gamble) but the weather was PERFECT. Sunny, warm and breezy. Just talking about it makes me want to book it back there right away…
Is it just me or do these pictures look fake? Pinky swear…I WAS HERE. THIS WAS REAL. THESE SHADES OF BLUE REALLY DO EXIST.
The Cove shares its gorgeous beach with the neighboring Reef Tower (another great place to stay), but only Cove guests have access to a seriously hoppin’ party pool Cain at the Cove – for adults only. Think private cabanas, outdoor gambling, and a live DJ. It was a little too cool for us, and we are beach people (more than pool) so we only spent an hour or two at Cain. But people love it, so I don’t want to leave it out.
Tips for a weekend in the Bahamas:
- Stay at The Cove. The beach and the water simply can’t be beat. You won’t spend much time indoors (I guarantee you) but the rooms are super nice.
- If you’re feeling brave book during hurricane season. There are no crowds and you can get a GREAT deal
- Golf lovers can tee up on the numerous par-72 courses – but there’s only one course you can’t leave the island without playing…the Ocean Club Bahamas
- Bring lots of sunscreen, because the sun can be absolutely brutal (in the best and worst way)
- Make sure you book a couple hours to play on the waterslides and check out the attractions at The Atlantis. It’s a great way to get out of the sun for a bit.
- Don’t leave without trying a Goombay Smash! Delicious!!
- Wake up early and grab a padded chair with built in umbrella – right on the water!
- Call ahead to make dinner reservations to make sure you don’t miss out at places like Todd English’s Olives, Jean-Georges Restaurant’s Café Martinique and Atlantis’ signature restaurants such as 77° West. Large parties can reserve Nobu’s Sake Cellar.
- BOOK YOUR TRIP NOW. What are you waiting for?
What a weekend in the Bahamas we had! Thank you to The Atlantis for hosting us. We appreciate the generous accommodations they provided to us and can’t wait to return. All opinions and tan lines are our own.